View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #292 (permalink)
woodsrat
Beginner Ecomodder

I believe the K-Pipe is manufactured for KYMCO in China by Zongshen. The quality of the bike is excellent and for anyone interested in the new Honda C-125 Super Cub but doesn't want a step through or spend nearly four grand the K-Pipe is a much simpler and cheaper alternative.

I like it a lot more than the Grom I owned for awhile mostly because of it's 17" wheels that roll across Indy's bombed-out roads a lot better than the 12" units on the adult minis of various flavors.

I gave two grand for my K-Pipe when it was released in 2016 and I've seen leftovers for sale cheaper than that. The MSRP has gone up $250 but it's still a great buy even at that.

Gripes? I don't much care for the phony turn signals below the gas tank (where they're located on non-US models) and why manufacturers (including Honda) think that non-folding footpegs are a good idea remains a mystery. The blinkers' quality is nothing to write home about, either but overall it's a helluva deal for the money. For anyone who owned a similar Honda in the sixties and wants a way back machine or anyone seeking basic transportation in a light, simple and inexpensive package this is it.

I rode it with friends over to the Peoria TT a couple of years ago mostly following U. S. 136 and with a 17t. countershaft sprocket we cruised over and back at 50 MPH. Who sez you can't travel on a 125???