Thread: BMW R Bike
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
slime
EcoModding Lurker

BMW R Bike

This is my latest bike. It's a 1997 R850R (same as the R1100 except the stroke and final drive ) I added the Parabellum fairing mostly for wind protection but the company that makes the fairing says it will get better mileage. Not sure if it's much of an improvement but it should be. I still get lots of noise at my helmet which is very annoying. I don't want to go higher with the shield because looking through a shield at night is tough with glasses. There are some other things I can add, but that will be later on. I really like the bike and once I get the wind issues figured out it will be a great mile muncher. I've only put 6 or 7000 miles on it since I got her. It only had 25000 miles on it when I bought it. I have friends that have anywhere from 150000 to 20000 plus miles on these motors. I did swap out the suspension for an adjustable aftermarket setup because the stock suspension is not adjustable and very poor!I found a deal, so I took the leap. Hopefully, I'll get some real world test done in the near future..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191013_164803.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	27419