View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #363 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
If we gave back more authority to local governments, we wouldn't have to care so much if Mickey Mouse were elected POTUS.
Agreed the locus of power is the county, and the Constitution is structured such that the President could be a plow-hand for four years without causing damage. ...However, and it's a big however, The Mouse is an incorporeal entity. It's right there in the name. Thankfully unpossible.

The real battle between the (not Constitutionally defined) parties is in the courts. Particularly the Ninth and one District in East Texas [IIRC].

Story: In the 1980s sealed beam headlights were Federally mandated except in Oregon and Washington states.

So I was running Hella H-4 with Halogen bulbs in my VW panel van. I could pull up along side buses or big trucks with their ovals of yellow light in their lane, hit the high beams, and put wall-to-wall white light across both lanes. Panzer vor!

edit:
No sooner did I post this than Youtube wanted me to see this analysis of Disney's past, future and reach.

Last edited by freebeard; 01-09-2020 at 05:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Hersbird (01-09-2020)