View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
M_a_t_t
マット

The Van - '95 Chevy Astro Cl V8 Swapped
Team Chevy
90 day: 7.84 mpg (US)

The new bike - '17 Kawasaki Versys X 300 abs
Motorcycle
90 day: 71.94 mpg (US)

The Mercury - '95 Mercury Tracer Trio
Team Ford
90 day: 34.35 mpg (US)

Toyota - '22 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
90 day: 40.11 mpg (US)
In my opinion the best commuter is the one that fits the requirements with minimum extras. I.E. small car (hybrid, electric, gas, doesn't matter, just whatever you can afford). Of course bicycle if possible, but that can be hard for a lot of commutes.

I understand not everyone has the same viewpoint or capability (owning multiple cars, whether space or money issues), but I have a vehicle for different needs (kinda like Cowmeat). I have my small commuter, but also own a van that I can use for getting large materials, appliances, towing, etc. I also get tired of driving the same thing all the time and like to mix it up, but I don't want to be one of those people who never hold onto a car for very long.

I think the hybrid tahoe is aimed at the average consumer. Its like trying to take my van and car and smoosh them together. V8 makes for fun driving, but the hybrid means it can get better mileage when you don't need the power of the v8. While I see the desire for cars like that I would rather have something that is the best at what I use it for instead of moderate at everything. If you are using the extra interior volume everyday it makes sense.

Tahoe_Hybrid: Don't take this as a personal attack, opinions are like buttholes (pg-13 ) everyone has one. Unless you have a reason to get a different car just roll with it. I drove a van when I could only have one car and just had fun with driving it. I am always interested to see what I can get out of a car in regards to performance and fuel economy, but that isn't really the deciding factor when I buy a car because I don't do much driving anyway (average is less than 4k per year with all cars added together).

1981 Kawasaki KZ650 CSR
1983 Kawasaki KZ1100-A3
1986 Nissan 300zx Turbo 5 spd
1995 Chevy Astro RWD (current project)
1995 Mercury Tracer
2017 Kawasaki VersysX 300
2022 Corolla Hatchback 6MT

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6s...LulDUQ8HMj5VKA

Last edited by M_a_t_t; 01-14-2020 at 11:38 PM..