View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 01:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
There's very few reasons I wouldn't accept as worthwhile rationalizations to purchase a particular vehicle, as long as people are being honest about them. You can't say you bought a Land Rover for fuel economy and reliability, for example; unless you're very lazy, gullible, and ignorant.

Regarding work; priority #1 is to provide for yourself. Once that's covered, pursuing your passion is the key to success. We're good at what we're interested in, and leveraging interest is often the best way to serve both you and the community. That said, occupations like professional gamer are highly competitive. Certain occupations require being the top 1% of 1% of 1% to even make a modest living...

I don't know why speech therapy would be priced much lower than other therapies, like physical therapy. Perhaps the occupation isn't as tightly controlled by a cartel as others? Can you just be an independent speech therapist? I would, and I'd depreciate the cost of a new vehicle over 7 years or whatever the government regs are on that, and deduct mileage, and a laptop...

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!