View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #588 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Oh no! I am quoting the entire article! Nobody quote my quote!
Quote:
Arcimoto doubled its production rate late last year, and the Eugene electric vehicle startup anticipates another doubling by the end of the second quarter this year.
Output remained modest — eight vehicles a week — but the uptick was a welcome development for the company, which had hit a few bumps as it tried to get rolling last year. Founder and CEO Mark Frohnmayer called it a “watershed year” for the company.
“Production started at a rate of four units per week, which doubled to eight per week at the beginning of December,” founder and CEO Mark Frohnmayer said in a news release summing up 2019 and looking forward to 2020. “In total, Arcimoto manufactured 57 and delivered 45 retail FUVs by year’s end.”
Production of the $19,900 Evergreen Edition Fun Utility Vehicle began in September.
Frohnmayer said the company’s “mandate” this year was to “increase production rate to meet Arcimoto’s pre-order backlog and anticipated future market demand, and drive down cost to achieve profitable venture margins and offer ever more affordable products to an ever-wider addressable market.”
He said the goal is 12 vehicles per week by the end of the first quarter, then 16 per week a quarter later, heading toward “a planned 200 units per week by early 2021.”
Frohnmayer also said Arcimoto will launch pilot versions of two variations on the FUV in the first quarter, the Deliverator (for delivery services, duh) and Rapid Responder (for emergency, security and law enforcement services). The company is aiming for series production of both by the end of the year.
[I hit a paywall, so I wanted to share what was behind it]