View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #181 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Progress on the Suburban basically stopped when the 4Runner came. The Suburban doesn’t get used as much as it is loud and ratty inside. I have not worked on sound deadening and fixing the interior as I am deciding how to proceed with boat-tailing the rear of the vehicle, which I want to finish prior to re-doing the interior. I am determined to get this project off top dead center.

If I don’t do some drastic aero mods, this “project” will not achieve what I wanted (30 MPG consistently) and without doing some major bodywork will not provide me the “learning experience” I want to get out of it.

I bumped my thread in the Aerodynamics subsection with revised boat tailing plans, basically taper in the factory sides and taper down the roof, new rear door, and lots of associated work. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post615317)

When that is finished, I would want to redo the interior of the vehicle, new or refreshed seats, floor, headliner, dash, etcetera. I also need to refresh or replace the weather-stripping. At that point the vehicle would be more comfortable and should get more use.

Once I get there, I would be more willing to spend the money to re-gear or buy 3.42 differentials, build bumpers, belly pan, etcetera.