View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #838 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
It sold!

There is a kid wanting to sell me his Accord, which was once like mine, for $200. As I posted here:
Quote:
It has scissor doors, but the driver's side strut detached, so you need to lift the entire door unassisted. The doors damaged both fenders. Someone stole the HVAC unit, the battery, and spark plug wires. Walmart's cheapest battery is $50 and the wires were $33.50 at AutoZone when I replaced mine, so $83.50 just to maybe get the car to run.
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...car-36495.html

I can replace the HVAC unit for $60 off eBay, as low as $20 from car-part, but the cheapest one in Phoenix is $45. However, the junkyard half an hour from me had one. I do not know how much they charge, but I am sure that it would be better than driving to Phoenix for a $45 part!

Hopefully they just unplugged the harness. It is kept in with three screws. If I end up replacing this whole thing:
it should cost about double.

It just seems like the scissor doors are a dealbreaker. Either I part it out or fix the hydraulics and find someone who wants scissor doors?

The interior was pretty bad, too.

The only parts that I would want to swap to my Accord were the hubcaps. Hubcaps! I have been trying to find nice Honda rims for three and a half years.

Copied from that same post:
Quote:
Here is a 2005 Corolla with a manual transmission for "$1,395" at that lame dealership that had some 300,000-mile Prii.

It is entirely possible they want $500 in fees and I would want to have a mechanic check it out somehow. Someone told me her dad is a mechanic, he found all kinds of problems with a car from that place, and the dealer tried to get him to lie and say that everything was fine: https://showlow.craigslist.org/ctd/d...051046088.html
I found a mobile mechanic! I was unable to locate one before!

When I tried to research them because they were selling one Prius and then another for a low price I am pretty sure there was something about having a mechanic inspect a car before buying, but I cannot remember or find it now. I believe that someone complained that the salesman didn't let them inspect it themselves and the salesman responded "You were taking apart the engine!"

I do not have any idea why someone would dismantle an engine for an inspection except to check out spark plugs and test compression. Allegedly you need to say that you have cash on hand to test drive, but people complain that you need to actually show the money.

Maybe you could find a local mechanic available to inspect and take the car there during the test drive, but I am sure that you would get a harassing phone call before the inspection is complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	27451