View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
CITY mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe_Hybrid View Post
Yes some Aero mods

under body (tire deflectors)and rear end

as you can see on #3 looks like there is a Aero issue

wing
the front end could use a few tweaks as well possibly installing a second air dam(found one for 39$ it's made for a vehicle ) I plan to add wheelbase side skirts as well

not sure if i will do a full Underbody (worried about the fuel vaporizing in the fuel line in the summer time as it gets very hot here into the 100 to 115F )

also LED lighting as well I modified some Sylvania Zevo LED 3157 bulbs and increased the brightness of them (it had some stupid plastic defuser on them deleted ) now they are SUPER crazy bright 2x2watt chips

it's like looking into the sun

I have to do something about the air wake in the rear it's a real drag (i see water pulled up from the ground when it's wet outside i.e not raining ) i don't see that on other SUVs

Looks like GM attempted to make it aero but that belongs on reddit /There was an Attempt
If you're targeting 40-mpg,City,aero mods aren't going to return much of a benefit.You're basically battling momentum losses and transient loads.There's very little to do in the way of weight reduction.A 10% reduction in rolling resistance nets less than 2% in savings.You already have 'start-stop'.That was good for 7% mpg.GM has long electrified many engine accessories.'don't know what you'd do under the hood.