View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Your stock rear end taper on top is an excellent starting point for an add on tail. I have had great success with foam over fiberglass. See attached picture.

Have you already swapped to copper cables? I advise the use of marine grade (coated) copper lugs, crimping, dielectric grease, and lined heat shrink to terminate the cables. I used welding cable on my replacement battery /accessory cables. What’s the voltage on your 1500F caps?

I would consider adding a “splash guard” style belly pan from the factory air dam lip back to the front of the IFS crossmember, looks simple enough and would be a good use of a piece of black coroplast or ABS sheet.

Does the vehicle really need two mufflers? Seems odd… I guess people expect hybrids to be quiet. I assume your spare tire is in the trunk on the side. I definitely wouldn’t belly pan under the exhaust or you will create an oven. You could consider having the rear muffler removed (may even be able to use the rear exhaust pipe from a non-hybrid) which would let you add a diffuser style belly pan from the rear axle to the rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	27484