View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 02:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tahoe_Hybrid
Master EcoModder

2020 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
Last 3: 18.4 mpg (US)

2021 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
90 day: 17.08 mpg (US)

2022 - '08 chevy Tahoe LT
Last 3: 14.38 mpg (US)

2023 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
Last 3: 22.61 mpg (US)

2024 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
90 day: 22.35 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarcus View Post
Your stock rear end taper on top is an excellent starting point for an add on tail. I have had great success with foam over fiberglass. See attached picture.

Have you already swapped to copper cables? I advise the use of marine grade (coated) copper lugs, crimping, dielectric grease, and lined heat shrink to terminate the cables. I used welding cable on my replacement battery /accessory cables. What’s the voltage on your 1500F caps?

I would consider adding a “splash guard” style belly pan from the factory air dam lip back to the front of the IFS crossmember, looks simple enough and would be a good use of a piece of black coroplast or ABS sheet.

Does the vehicle really need two mufflers? Seems odd… I guess people expect hybrids to be quiet. I assume your spare tire is in the trunk on the side. I definitely wouldn’t belly pan under the exhaust or you will create an oven. You could consider having the rear muffler removed (may even be able to use the rear exhaust pipe from a non-hybrid) which would let you add a diffuser style belly pan from the rear axle to the rear bumper.

i could remove it, it will sound like a helicopter going down the road when in V4 mode

even with the muffler it's still makes some sound over 1300rpm

i have not done the cables yet but it's a "proprietary" cable so i can only Do the ground wires (and swap the aluminum cables for copper ones)

but i still can put new ones though because these were poorly designed

it's 1,500 Farads @ 12vDC Rated (15volts pack to handle peak volts in a car obviously )

Last edited by Tahoe_Hybrid; 01-24-2020 at 03:10 AM..