View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 03:39 PM   #80 (permalink)
jimmylomax
EcoModding Lurker

Red FIRE Racer - '08 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
For what it is worth, my CAT is still running strong after the cleaning. I have twice seen isolated returns of the P0420 CEL. They were months apart. Both were on long trips on a hot day. The second event was during a high mountain climb into the high desert of SoCal, under significant load fir a long duration. Each time, clearing the code with my ultra gauge did not produce a recurrence. I think this indicates that the clean is good, but the CAT does not become "new" as a result.
I have a dumb question (and admit to skipping several of the middle pages of this thread - so I apologize if it's already been discussed). do you think the times the code came back may have been longer stints without EOC? I ask because sometime this summer, I got a P0420 in the Fit on a long commute where I left the AC running for a passenger. I cleared it and it has since come back a couple times when I went longer than about 15m between EOCs. Did you run an OBDII scanner and look at the O2 sensor data or measure pre and post cat temperatures? (I've got 30 days to make mine happy to pass my local DOT inspection).