View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 06:08 AM   #31 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlington View Post
Thanks for the information .

Yes I have a PWM to control the HHO which is mounted in the drive area.
I have an Efie ,MAP enhancer and IAT control .

My ECU is the really clever and throw what you want at it and it corrects itself .
Only the MAP enhancer allows some leeway where on open road I can lean out if under slight load ,otherwise it slowly corrects back to 14,7 on my aftermarket AFR .

Yes that is the fuel trims correcting things, you need to override the back post cat O2s.

The only way I am going to gain anything is altering my mapping which there is a good offset BUT my ECU there are no stock maps available and even the big professional tuning companies are not wanting to touch this year / model .Same response from many - not supported OR our software does not support that year .

The heated fuel is still something to consider with proper testing .I was really worried about the and loss of economy last time so rolled back .

For now I have some other priorities so the car mods are going to take a secondary focus for a while .
The problem is you need to hold back the changes UNTIL after the car has started, the PCM does a pre-flight as it turns on and all your changes are added in and thus canceled out. That is why the maker of the narrow band Efie has the themo switch to turn it on after the car has warmed up. An earlier model had a timer.

I fully understand about life getting in the way of fixing up a car.

Well best of luck.

Drive carefully.

Rich