View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #8270 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,819 Times in 7,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
That's not a peer-reviewed source document.I need the actual,original journal citation.No intermediaries allowed.But thanks anyway.
I have the original source document. Let me know if you will be stopping by, it would take half a day to find it.

From memory (again): "Simple words of truth and I do mean simple: 'It'll feel better when it stops hurting'".
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
I can't find where you explained what CPM is.If we're to have a civil discussion,it will help if we can locate and inspect the source documents under discussion,or know to avoid it,if they've been filtered by a third party.
Permalink #8250. I know I'm not shadow-banned because you thanked me for pointing out the typographical error.

news.slashdot.org/: Underwater Robot Reveals Hidden Base of Antarctica's 'Doomsday' Glacier
Quote:
Using a robot dropped through a 700-meter hole in the ice, scientists stationed on Antarctica's Thwaites Glacier have captured the first video of the glacier's grounding line, the mysterious boundary where ice meets land and where warm ocean water could be slowly melting the glacier's base -- putting it at risk of collapse (above).
[snip]
Scientists are still sifting through the data. But they fear warm ocean water intruding underneath the glacier could eventually cause it to retreat from the ridge, leading to its ultimate collapse.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-29-2020)