View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Snow day?

December was complicated for me. I had Strep on the First, missed the last week of school because I was sick [or was in bed with allergies?!], and my granddad passed away on the last day of school.

January was all right, but they increased my caseload, without increasing my hours, and they just changed the system that we use for reporting therapy sessions. We had Martin Luther King Day off and I used those hours to set up everything with the new system.

Hopefully I do not get in trouble for that, but an extra two hours a week would have been more than I put in.

I keep trying to work on my Civic, but my sister got married on Saturday in the valley, so I worked both jobs every day and then drove down for that.

I didn't attend, but I drove down.

One of my clients was horribly sick yesterday, so I tried to work on my car, but was still putting things together. I spent half an hour this morning looking for my wide masking tape, another 30 minutes trying to get my car ready, and then hurried and got ready for work.

There were five cars in the parking lot and three lunch ladies walking to their respective vehicles. One announced "Snow day!"

We live about five miles away:
Almost all of it melted by noon.

My brother was awake, but looked sleepy, so I had him lay on the couch, and said that I would be working on my laptop on my room. It has been crashing and I have not had the time to figure out why. My RAM and hard drive passed tests. World of Warcraft crashes more often than my laptop and often WoW crashes and then my laptop does before I can do anything, although it only seems like it happens on the rare occasions that I can play for an entire hour--and usually right before I finish.

However, the other night I put my computer to sleep, laid down, heard the computer fan, opened my eyes, and saw the blue screen of death.

It died of insomnia?

I am not sure that I will be able to accomplish anything before I need to get ready for my other job. I thought of all of the things that I could accomplish today and all that I did was make a few posts.

We have had a few leaks in the bathroom. I tightened the valve to the toilet and fixed that one, but we keep having a leak under the sink. Trust me, life isn't better down where it's wetter, under the sink!

I tightened some stuff, but I think it is the stopper control arm. I took it apart to clear a clog and apparently I needed to use a new seal. Ace did not have the right size so I reused the original.

Mom also wants them to make our toilet tank stop sweating. For some reason, humid air condenses on cold porcelain. What is a plumber going to do about that?

There are insulative tank liners that are difficult to install and possibly too thin to work. Perhaps running a dehumidifier would work, but I cannot find one up here. They sell insulated toilet tanks. This $116.45 one wouldn't ararive for a week: Saniflo 5 Toilet Insulated Tank with Fill and Flush Valves, White