View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #257 (permalink)
CapriRacer
Tire Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron1 View Post
Thanks CapriRacer for a better understanding & how to perform the check. I certainly don't want to cut my hand. I wonder if my winter gloves will protect my hand, whilst still allowing me to feel for separation. Or maybe feel with a folded dish towel that I could easily toss in the wash afterwards. Would the area of separation be specifically where the nail punctured the tire or could it be anywhere? I did notice some vibration briefly yesterday, but not sure if it was uneven pavement I couldn't see.

Great find on the pair of Michelin energy savers!
I don't think normal winter gloves would disguise a bulge, but avoid thickly padded ones.

Yes, the bilge would appear where the hole is (was - there should be a plug there as well as the patch.)

And lastly, tires tend to vibrate in the 50 to 70 mph range. That's because that is the natural resonant frequency of the suspension (There are some exceptions), and the vibration will be always be there, although it will be hard to sort out a vibration from a choppy road surface. A vibration that appears, then disappears is likely from the road.

Visit my website: www.BarrysTireTech.com
New Content every month!
The Following User Says Thank You to CapriRacer For This Useful Post:
Galvatron1 (02-06-2020)