View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #8429 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Blaming communism for everything and calling Democrats communist is quite stale.
Labeling something communist just shows you have no intent to take it seriously.
I don't know if that was directed at me, but I'm only specifically identifying Bernie as a commie, a label he's comfortable wearing.

I'm not against Communism; it works great in a family or very small community/tribe. It becomes progressively dysfunctional the larger the group becomes, scaling up to utter catastrophe at the nation level. Capitalism is blamed for the Tragedy of the Commons problem, and rightly so. Communism has a Tragedy of the Everything problem. When everything is owned by everyone, then nobody owns it and things rot. I see this all the time at work; the number 1 culprit of any failure is lack of ownership. Take a work queue for instance; if everyone is responsible for voluntarily taking work from the queue, productivity falls off a cliff and people cherry pick the stuff to work on, neglecting the unappealing yet important stuff. Communism fails at even the medium sized business level. Just imagine how dysfunctional it is with a group of millions of strangers.

I make a very distinct difference between Democrats and Communists. Considering the needs of disadvantaged people is way different than despising success. That said, mainstream Democrats have increasingly become accepting of their platform being hijacked by an ideology responsible for more suffering and murder than any other in human history. The Hammer and Sickle are at least as evil as the Swastika.

I've got no fear of Communism at the national level because as I stated elsewhere, ideas are subjected to Darwinism too, and those unfit for purpose will inevitably die. Communism doesn't have to be fought, it can simply be left alone to wither and die.

My criticism of Communism isn't politically motivated, but rather a reasoned response based on the evidence we have. If it was a better national system, I'd abandon all inferior systems in a moment because I'm about goodness, not ideology.

Advocating for Communism would be much more effective if people would demonstrate the benefits by pointing to evidence rather than always being on the defensive by saying things like Gulags have a worse reputation than they deserve.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 02-10-2020 at 02:51 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (02-10-2020)