View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #238 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I refered about Joaquin Phoenix not just in vegamism, but also about other subjects. If he was a scoundrel, he is not in a very good position to give moral lesons about feminism, racism etc...
At least in Oscar he was humble, saying people helped hin to change, that they embrased hin for help hin to change, instead of just try to destroy hin.

But what I mean is that he is not in good position to angry acuse (if this happen or if had happened-Idon't know) other scoundrels, as he was one in past.

If we are moral, and we don't need meat today, and meat production it's not good to environment, we should think twice.
Human moral it's till dubious, given our history record.
I wouldn't be so sure we are the only animals with some morals. Douphins, whales, and sometimes even pet dogs have more moral than many humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Morality isn't just a right of humanity, it's an inescapable fact, as real as air and water. Every right carries with it responsibility, because a person cannot expect to be treated morally if they do not practice moral behavior. We're the only creature with that right and responsibility.

Livestock should be treated humanely to avoid undue suffering, but there's zero problem with extracting benefits from them, from using them to produce work, to collecting milk, to slaughter and consumption, so long as it's done in a way that avoids undue suffering.

Animals in the wild wound other animals and let them suffer tremendously, but we're the only ones with the ability to conceive of reducing suffering, which is why we're the only ones to possess morality.