View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #8474 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
Quote:
Google “Record Cold Snap”. (Currently)
If your link means we should be worrying about the planet warming.

Then my link means we should be worrying about the planet cooling...
You're link makes me worry.... about the promotion of Google.

I provided 21 examples that are semi-balanced from a source that doesn't filter bubble the results. Did any of you're results include counter-examples? (I had deleted non-climate related returns)

This is via thedonald.win:
deepclips.com: United States led entire world in reducing CO2 emissions in 2019
Quote:
The United States led the entire world in reducing CO2 emissions last year while also experiencing solid economic growth, according to a newly released report.

“The United States saw the largest decline in energy-related CO2 emissions in 2019 on a country basis – a fall of 140 Mt, or 2.9%, to 4.8 Gt,” reported the The International Energy Agency (IEA) Tuesday. “US emissions are now down almost 1 Gt from their peak in the year 2000, the largest absolute decline by any country over that period.”
This year it will be China's turn.
www.zerohedge.comChina Has Ground To A Halt: "On The Ground" Indicators Confirm Worst-Case Scenario
Quote:
Morgan Stanley suggested that real time measurements of Chinese pollution levels would provide a "quick and dirty" (no pun intended) way of observing if any of China's major metropolises had returned back to normal. What it found was that among some of the top Chinese cities including Guangzhou, Shanghai and Chengdu, a clear pattern was evident – air pollution was only 20-50% of the historical average. As Morgan Stanley concluded, "This could imply that human activities such as traffic and industrial production within/close to those cities are running 50-80% below their potential capacity."