View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 07:26 AM   #281 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I'm not so fully sure, despite I well understand what you mean.
Sometimes things ignored start to grow, as nazism did.

I feel the world it's still in a wave of insanity, like a century ago or more. There is no real legitimy rational thought with coherence and fairness of principle.
I'm scared that in 21 century people think like monkeys (of all colors and races). And it scares me that such radical crazyness inspire the rise or reborn of old fashion crazyness in retaliation, like hatred about races and minories, religion fanatism.

I think think it's not a good idea to complete underestimate the sick bestial side of human population, the crazy side of our stupid civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Of course, the best way to protest is to ignore. They say the thing worse than hatred is indifference. If nobody shows up to "counter" absurd protests, then it's just a small gathering of people wasting their time.

That's what I don't get about countering white supremacists. If nobody came to counter protest, and no news reported on them, those 8 people would just go home and probably stop marching. Confronting them just inspires them to double down on their conviction because they see the confrontation as evidence of the thing they oppose.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-19-2020 at 07:39 AM..