Thread: Limousine Drift
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 04:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
I'm always saying I don't follow politics, but from what I've heard, it seems Trump has pretty well stuck to his campaign agenda. Seems there hasn't been a "read my lips, no new taxes" sort of goof yet. I might get interested enough one day to get a rundown of promises made vs promises kept from recent presidents.

The wall sans "anti climbing" plate seems better to me. The plate at the top creates an attachment point for a grappling hook, whereas this one doesn't. Then again, it seems a simple matter to throw a strap around a pylon and run up it like a tree, so perhaps there should be a plate somewhere, probably in the middle. I still think I'd be able to climb it with a leather belt and perhaps a PVC pole to place a rope with a hook on it to wherever the plate is. Probably few people that want to cross are rock climbers though.

At 20M per mile, I still question if this is more effective than a bunch of lowish flying drones with surveillance cameras and algorithms to automatically detect humans. If agents were placed every 5 miles on average, you'd only need 400. The furthest any agent would be from someone crossing would be 2.5 miles. With drones though, there wouldn't be a need to have agents nearby since they could track and loiter any person for as long as necessary for agents to arrive.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!