View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #154 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Makes me wonder how GM, Toyota, and Ford can all make such ugly cars (talking hybrid/EV here) yet the Toyotas are the only ones with decent drag coefficients. lol

*cough* 0.25 vs 0.33s+ *cough*
I find the Ford Fusion to be attractive. It looks like an Aston Martin. I've read .275 for that one. Prius verges on unattractive. I don't really remember any GM vehicle, so that probably means it's neither attractive or unattractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Agreed the graphics leave room for improvement.

On some new Xbox with ray-tracing offloaded from the GPU, you get atmospheric effects like rain. We may be living in a simulation anyway.

Like I said, I'm not part of the video game generation but according to Wikipedia there're 20 demoliton derby video games. All I know is the pool of neat old cars is smaller. Except the 1964-66 Imperial:
A demolition derby with modern cars wouldn't be too exciting because they'd all die on the first hit. I drove an '85 Volvo that probably would have held up reasonably well. We've got that Buick Riviera that would probably dominate.

One of my favorite games at Wonderland arcade as a kid was demolition derby. I downloaded the rom so I can play on a PC, but I haven't been a gamer in about 5 years or so.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (02-20-2020)