View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #835 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
My Notchback was very well balanced. It was lowered and had a 4-wheel wheel alignment. It never failed to go where I pointed it.

OTOH, the panel van.... I left a dance at the WOW Hall at midnite on New Years Eve, had an Olds Toronado pull out of a parking lot right in front of me, and spun out of the right lane and bounced off the curb four lanes over. The wheels were locked to the left so I side-stepped the clutch and spun back around, but there had been a police car sitting at the light I slid through backwards.

We had a nice chat and I convinced him it was the Olds' driver that was drunk and we parted ways without so much as a warning.

Generally they do swap ends easily. The guy that did the Forza runs said in another video that rear-engined cars are easier to drive backwards, but there is also a lot of suspension tuning, of the tire pressures and camber. I suspect the Ackermann as well, but I don't know if the game engine exposes that.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (02-21-2020)