View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
cr45
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVTCivic View Post
Hello everyone,

my name is Tom and I'm living in the south of Germany. I live in a city, so I'm not a daily driver because most of the time it's easier and of course better to just use public transportation or commute by bicycle.

I think these world solar challenges and my fascination for EVs and Hybrid cars like the Insight and the Prius got me interested into the Hypermiling topic.

My actual car is a 2017 Honda Civic sedan with a CVT transmission. It’s a 1.5 liter turbo engine which is advertised with 31 mpg / 50 mpg / 41 mpg (city / outside city / combined) (7,5 / 4,7 / 5,7 liter per 100 km). This is officially measured by the standards of WLTP, which is the poor measurment, european car manufactures use.

My total mpg with this car is actually 36 mpg. But it’s slightly getting better. My last gas mpg on a full gas tank was 41. I’m rarely driving on country roads, which have the best potential to drive fuel efficent, unfortunately I have to drive in the city sometimes and most of the time on the Autobahn.

In terms of Hypermiling I'm using a bit of a high tire pressure, I absolutely try to avoid short trips, I’m driving at low rpms most of the time. And I'm also tracking my gas fillings with an site called Spritmonitor. I haven’t done any mods to my car but I’m planing on buying something like a clinometer or clinometer-app.

Wow that was a lot of text...

Those figures look like the NEDC numbers, which Europe used upto 2018.

The new WLTP test actually has 4 outputs plus a combined figure.

1/ low
2/ medium
3/ High
4/ Extra High
5/ Combined

The NEDC figures have proven to be totally unrealistic but so far the WLTP figures are matching real world fuel consumption quite well.

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ltp-38181.html

I had a look for your cars wltp numbers but the closest car I can find is this one

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certific...used-cars.aspx

The wltp combined for this auto Civic is 33.76 mpg.
The Following User Says Thank You to cr45 For This Useful Post:
CVTCivic (02-26-2020)