View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #455 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
One of the top comments of the video that you linked was about cherry-picking and sins of omission, but I did not really care.

"Almost every politician can find something good to say about [charter schools]"--Mitt Romney.

Don't like him?

You can probably find a politician that you like promoting them. John Oliver showed clips from W., President Obama, Turnip, Sanders, and others.

That is a pretty wide range.

I do not know why YouTube showed this result for "Prager Charter. I could not find any mention of Prager in the transcript, but hey, John Oliver is entertaining.

What is the actual topic of this thread again?

Oh hey! John made a joke! Haha!

He talked about all of the charter schools closing. Anyway...

Nevermind. He criticized Papa John's.

I was trying to find someone criticizing this video:
Just to show that charter schools require public schools to be better, they depict school buses racing.

As a former school bus driver, racing school buses is pointless and boring, but still not an idea that you want to promote.

Found it! I do not have any idea who pointed this out, but someone made dozens of criticisms of Prager, and the only one that I remember is of this video:
At 2:52 it shows a rich black family and a poor white family, but that generally isn't how it works out and they gave some statistic about how disproportionately white charter students are.

It turns out that there are many charter schools that almost exclusively have minorities.

Anyway...

Knibb High football rules!