View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
me and my metro
Master EcoModder

Economy Saturn - '02 Saturn L200
We got our first JEMS bucket truck at work this month. The acronym stands for Jobsite engine management system. My company owns many in many locations but this is the first one in our yard. The system has a 4 mega watt LI battery pack and a shore charger plus an air conditioning compressor. The controls unit is behind the front seats. This unit uses engine heat for heat and the battery operated air conditioning compressor to provide cab comfort when the engine is in shut down mode. The battery pack powers all electrical load while the engine is off.
As soon as the truck stops and is put in park the 5 second timer counts down and shuts off the engine. When ready to drive away to the next job just put your foot on the brake pedal and the engine starts. If you take your foot off the brake it counts down again.
To use the bucket to repair power lines turn on the pto and set the parking brake and the timer counts down and the truck shuts off. The lineman just starts the truck from the bucket and proceeds to do his work. When he wants he can shut off the truck from the bucket and the system switches to the back battery pack.
So far so good and a pretty good increase in fuel economy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me and my metro For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (03-07-2020), Frank Lee (02-29-2020), MetroMPG (02-29-2020)