View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
blownintegra
EcoModding Lurker

Green Machine - '92 Geo Metro XF i
Last 3: 42.66 mpg (US)

Black Ball - '99 Ford Contour SE V6 Auto

Red Baron - '96 Honda Civic HX
Thanks! I do understand the basics of engine tuning. I have a supercharged Integra that I tuned with Hondata and a wideband. In Hondata the tuning is done to Lambda, and a fuel map has just one point a map, and you enter in the "lambda" you want for a particular cell for example: (1100 rpm, 30 kpa)= .91 lamba @ 15 degree advance.

I was trying to figure out where Megatune actually "tunes" from, the VE or the AFR voltage. Now that you explained it, it sounds like Hondata functions from the same table, whereas Megatune has it in 2 places. Also, I think it may have something to do with the distributor set up, because it appears to be "retarded", no pinging, but you can hear it in the motor, it sounds sick. I will try to lean out the settings and try again. 30 mins of idling burned darn near 1 gallon of fuel and killed the o2 sensor.

This is my first time around with this set up, so there are many more variables to have to look at like Dist setting and other things that I am not familiar with. The car does start and run, though poorly.

One other thing I noticed, if I try to "shift" the table by a whole point or two, the VE map or Spark map goes cRaZy and puts all types of weird numbers in the cells.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.