View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 10:34 PM   #135 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Honda sells Nichiwa Kiki. When I search for that name I just find 32722-P2A-J01, which Majestic sells for $75.55, plus $9.34 shipping, although that turns into $55.12 when you click "Checkout."

Fifty-five dollars to ship a one-pound box?!

Bernardi no longer charges shipping on orders $75+ and they would not charge me for tax, either. They have the best price that I can find at $89.14.

Meanwhile, my NGK wires worked perfectly on my Accord, and my Civic uses the exact same ones, although other Civics use different ones. Amazon will have them here tomorrow.

Regarding the "Aw dangit!" from my previous headline, my engine is still making a tapping noise. Maybe I didn't do the valve lash correctly, but someone pointed out that I was supposed to clean the oil control orifice in the head and replace the o-ring.

Places want up to $20 shipping and a week for a $1 o-ring, but hopefully that solves one noise--once I remove the valve cover again.

I also swear that I hear an air leak. Hopefully I can narrow that down after I take care of the first noise.