View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
rob.e
just joined..

Civic - '15 Honda Civic Tourer SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptitviet View Post
Hi almost neighbour

Seems impressive I have a quite comparable vehicle (Skoda Octavia 3 Greenline Combi). Just to be sure : do you give your mpg in uk or us version?

I will be considering a remap my major concern is to preserve the reliability of the clutch/flywheel.
Hi ptitviet - sorry not been around here much recently.

my mpg calculations are all uk gallons.

i love the octavia - very nice car, i had three of them all vRS (two x mark 2 facelift cars then a mark 3 vRS 230) all Combis / estates. I considered a greenline but i wanted a nice interior spec (full leather, nav, heated seats etc and the green line in uk didn't allow me to that - with the honda i have a really nice interior and v enconomical car too.

RE-map: I'd seen the graph showing how my car would deliver torque after the re-map and like you yes i was concerned it would come in with such a big "thump" that it would reduce clutch life and potentially also wear the front tyres faster or cause wheelspin.. but turns out i was worrying for nothing - its fine. The car after re-map drives just like it did before, just that you have a bit more torque and power if you need, but if you drive sensibly it's no additional strain on the drive train.