View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The Roadie Loop--keep your extension cords from getting tangled! :) Also, install a switch!

Nate posted this video about modifying an extension cord. I thought that the most important part was the first six seconds, where he demonstrated how great the roadie loop is: It is ridiculous how many people tell me to just coil the cable conventionally, but then it gets all twisted. Of course they respond "Obviously you are doing something wrong!"

Yes, talking to idiots.

Anyway, he also doesn't like using devices without their own power switch, like work lights. He showed one and I have one that also lacks an on-off switch. It is annoying to unplug it just to turn it off, but he spliced a 3-amp SPST switch when he should have used a 20-amp outdoor-rated DPST switch.

Dozens and dozens of people complained about that. Someone else pointed out that he should have used self-fusing silicone tape.

I am not sure what other problems were pointed out, I grew tired of reading people complain about that one thing. Sure, it was horribly dangerous, but there are 1,767 comments. If 67 are "First!" and "Notification squad!" and 1,700 are about the exact same thing...

Seriously, if you go to the comment section, and someone already said what you want to say, just like it and move on.

This seems like the proper way to wire a switch into an extension cord: What do you guys think?

I shared Nate's video last January and RedDevil and Oil Pan said they used the roadie loop.

California98Civic (05-26-2020)