View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
4drviper
EcoModding Lurker

Accord - '12 Honda Accord sedan EX-L
90 day: 25.99 mpg (US)
Aero wheel cover for flangeless, alloy wheel (not product promotion)

I have been looking to do some you-can't-go-wrong aero mods to start with and since I don't do repeated heavy braking and use engine brake on long descents so I decided to start with wheel covers.

But all the moon disks and wheel covers have to be drilled in, or center-cap mounted requiring exorbitantly expenisive (and kinda heavy) wheel, I was out of options other than asking a machine shop to cut a sheet of coroplast in a perfect circle and drill the center cap to mount it with a shaft.

Then I came across this thing called Rim Brim, and according to Amazon reviews they snugly fit onto the rim so I was hoping maybe I'll be able to mount these with medium-strength 3M automotive double-sided tape in 4 or 6 spots and call it a day.
https://www.amazon.com/RimBrim-Prote...01NAYT5MP?th=1
(Can't save images from reviews... so here' s the link to reviews)

It's not the perfect aero shape I wanted, and sticks out a bit. But then my wheels aren't flush with the body nor I plan to make them to. So I think it would be better than the OEM wheels or the Enkei PF01s that I plan to replace them with tax refund. I could maybe cut out the center part that sticks out

What do you guys think ??? And is there any wheel aero solutions I missed for 17" without punching holes the wheel?