View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 03:36 AM   #135 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
I was going to comment on Xists long post, but freebeard mostly covered it. I'm digging the new signature BTW. I believe in the melting pot, not in multiculturalism as such.

Regarding real estate agents; it's a dying industry and the writing is on the wall. I don't need someone to tell me this is the bathroom, and over there is the kitchen. The moment I learned about RedFin, I realized that was the way of the future. It's insane that 6% of the most valuable thing someone owns gets forfeited to 3rd parties just because people can't figure out how to more effectively advertise their property. I'd be more concerned about my future as a real estate agent than my future as a long haul truck driver.

I dunno what all the other careers have to do with Xist's specific skill set. At any rate, my ignorant opinion is that he would do best to hyper focus on his own success at the near term neglect of his family, with the future ability to create stability for all. Perhaps a best compromise has already been struck on the current trajectory.

I've finally been impacted by the virus. Received a text that most of my tenants are furloughed and will likely have financial hardship. I'll probably give free rent for at least a month, but there is moral hazard to consider.

A couple years of working a $17/hr job I had amassed enough of a rainy day fund to go a couple years without pay. It astonishes me that people don't have 1 month of savings in the bank, especially when I observe that they spend at least 30 hrs per week playing video games.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 03-18-2020 at 11:33 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-18-2020)