View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 04:17 AM   #136 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I worked on that post for hours. When I wrote that line, I had just read RedPoint complaining about me prioritizing being on-time for work over sharing a video that I felt looked relevant, but I spent hours researching, and submitted everything when I felt that I was finished.

There was a second confirmed case in my county, but it took me four articles to read that he was from the general Kayenta area, over 200 miles away, and they do have not identified any connection between the two patients, except that both traveled recently.

I seriously hope that neither of them had contact with anyone having contact with my client.

"Officials also say they are deploying a mobile incident command post to the region affected." https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/2-...-navajo-nation

We have over fifty rolls of toilet paper and I bought a 55-gallon drum that I started filling with water. You aren't supposed to use a garden hose, so we filled a couple of gallon pitchers from the sink about a dozen times, I dumped them into the drum, which is labeled "Food-grade," and we hardly got anywhere.

I will see if Ace or Cal-Ranch has a hose like this because Home Depot, Lowe's, and Walmart don't. I also should have looked up how to fill it before I started because the page that told me to use that type of a hose also said to put some water and a couple ounces of bleach in it, tighten the lid, roll it around for a while, empty it somewhere that can get bleached, rinse thoroughly, and then fill. https://www.amazon.com/Apex-NeverKin...0007UQ2MS?th=1

I guess that I need to dump out most of the water and start over, but once I have the right hose, the rest is easy.

The Basha's half an hour away is having Seniors Only from 0630 to 0730 every Wednesday. You need to prove your age and can bring a caregiver, but they cannot purchase anything for themselves.

Would I drive her and wait in the car with my brother?

Mom just wants a sack of potatoes, but our refrigerator is getting bare, and she usually goes grocery shopping on Fridays, although she told me that I need to do the shopping for the foreseeable future.

I keep thinking that if I start showing flu-like symptoms I will check into a hotel for two weeks with enough food and clothing to last the duration and hope that Mom can sterilize everything. I hate to leave her alone with my brother, but I hate to get her sick even more.

What if my brother gets sick [first]?

That is much more complicated and I hate to think about 336 hours in a hotel room with my brother. There very well might be dozens of tantrums, but hopefully the hotel is not too busy.

What would the hotel staff do? "Hello 911, someone in room 213 keeps screaming and I suspect they have coronavirus!"

By the way, my sister sent me a bunch of bizarre stuff for my birthday, and her feelings are hurt because I did not thank her for the stuff that I did not want. I specifically asked for a Spongebob piņata without butt streamers and she specifically got me one with butt streamers. I explained that they are designed to not be fun (dangerous) and she made up some weird explanation that completely contradicts the item description.

That is for my niece and nephews, who I cannot see indefinitely.

I am not decorating the house.

I am also not abandoning Mom. I am positive that I told you guys that I needed to take her to the emergency room two months ago and the doctor said that had she come in a couple of hours later she could have died.

I do not know how much time I have with her, but I lost Dad, I am going to do what I can to help her stay alive.

I do not care much about money, but it does make life easier.