View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #519 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
read the whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
If you're autorotating, you're not producing torque and are more worried about a place to land. I believe there is a work around the lack of rudder control or it wouldn't have been certified.
The HU1 had a procedure for landing with the tail rotor shot off.

The B2 is noted to have a periodic yaw wobble which the prandtl does not have. It also can only use guided weapons for this reason. So what if it cant stall, it still wobbles computer controlled or not. Read the whole treatment.
I will in my next life.I can't see any connection to road vehicle aerodynamics,and I cringe every time someone brings up things aeronautical.I cringe every time people bring up racing cars.
Washout was mentioned.Wing twist is important to that issue.I've never associated wing twist with the B2.Without twist,what happened at the wingtip would be happening at the wing root.If the computer prevents stall,its not an issue for a B2.If the Prandtl wing has twist,then tip washout would still leave the rest of the wing flying.A fixed Prandtl canard on an F-1 or Indycar would be incapable of washout or stall.Washout would not be germane.If a Prandtl canard on a race car is in yaw,you're in understeer or oversteer and have exceeded the performance envelope of the car.