View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
I actually think greed is great. But I also think if government hamstrings one business or supports another, their little wrench doesn't always tune and adjust the machine but gets dropped in there and destroys the whole machine. So as we don't have a pure free market system I'm willing to shame the gamers. Even if we did have a pure free market system I'd be willing to lay some shame as that is also part of making things better long term. It's like living with racism. I'd rather know up front I'm not welcome is some asshole's restaurant then have the government force them into the closet and end up with me eating their spit or worse. As time goes society will cause that place to fail on it's own because very few people will agree to patronize the place.

Like I said at first I agree with Musk on the overall handling, but if it's a complete lockdown and essential services only, then new cars are not essential and are shut down. Don't want that, don't elect people who will create and wield the power to do such things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (03-19-2020)