View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
j-c-c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
No sanctioning body?

It's an architectural question. What is the vehicle in question? Does it even have quarter-windows? Do you want to cut gaping holes in the wheelwell?
No sanctioning body.

A 72 Dart.
I would make and/or cut gaping holes, if I had high confidence it would achieve desired result.
My biggest objection is cosmetic with gaping holes, same for scoops. It a personal thing. With this topic, my air intake location was intended to be rather out view, as the Nascar engine air inlet is at the front windshield base, mine would be at base of the rear window.

I have spoken and visited A2, but because of costs already mentioned, it will be more for verification testing to see what I finally work out, to see if it works or creates a problem, to a large degree, and limited by time/money.

I'm thinking because of what I am exploring here as a solution, because it is towards the rear of the car, it will have less other unintended negative consequences vs say if it was towards front of the car.

What I am not hearing is, and I still seeking, can you take a somewhat low pressure likely turbulent air pocket, and "suck it" enough to change the direction of nearby streamlines closer to where the air pocket was?

I get with a big enough bank roll I can find a definitive answer, but my starting point, first has anyone done it, and anything that educates me how it was done, how effective the result was, and how difficult, will be very helpful before I start.

Seems most aero centers around using/controlling high pressure/high flow areas, and I am focusing on reducing a low pressure area indirectly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-21-2020), freebeard (03-20-2020)