View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #205 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
What info could have been privileged info? Isn't health stuff in the public domain?
That's what oil pan 4 used. The chair of the Senate Intelligence committee was receiving daily briefings on the coronavirus situation. He knew the "Nothing to see here", "Fake news" and "Political smear job" storylines being put out by the Administration were completely wrong. So he kept quiet and sold his stocks on Feb. 13.

He privately told a group of donors how bad it was on Feb 27. That was the day his financial disclosure form made his sales a matter of public record- he didn't want his donors to find out that he had sold out and left them hanging.

Meanwhile, "Nothing to see here" was still the public message. He didn't use his position to protect Americans, he used it to protect his money. And once that became public record he pulled his donors aside and quietly told them to do the same. That's who the chair of the Senate Intelligence committee is really working for, wealthy people from his home state who donate to his party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I did the same thing as the senators just with much smaller amounts.
No you didn't. Some guy selling his stocks early isn't at all the same as a Senate chair selling everyone out. He saw a threat, saw that the Administration was dangerously downplaying it and immediately got on the phone... to his broker. And then waited two weeks to tell his donors.

"I've got mine, Jack" is apparently the new "The buck stops here". It may inspire confidence in you if you give enough money to the right politicians, but for regular citizens, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%