View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 01:46 AM   #63 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estomax View Post
i'd be really curious if you come up with some rear aero tail [...] keep up the good work!

another thing on my ponderings is getting 3D printed inserts for the 17" wheels like they have available for 16" wheels to create 'smooth' wheel surfaces.

Marko
Thought about the 3D printed inserts, but I don't have access to a 3D printer, nor would I know about how to even go about getting the right measurements to make inserts. But I've considered it too.

As for the rear aero box cavity, that's pretty far down the list of priorities for me, at the moment. I really want to focus on the rear wheel skirts, and smoothing the aero transitions around the front and rear wheels, and finishing what Nissan started with smoothing the airflow under the car. There's a few areas that could use a little help.

After that, I am changing gear oil, and doing a few other minor mods I've been kicking around in my head too.

Everything's sort of on hold at the moment for obvious reasons, and other projects that I've got are more pressing now that I'm not driving anywhere... but I'll get back into it soon. Thanks for stopping by!

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White