View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 05:26 AM   #55 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
How long does it take for changes to have a measurable result? I guess that we started "Quarantine" last Monday, but I do not know how much of a difference it makes for most people that I know. One sister is a nurse practitioner and needs to work. I honestly do not know if the other is working from home, we do not talk much, but apparently part of her job description is walking her boss's dog.

Unless she takes the dog with her, how does she do that from home?

Mom did not leave much before, but she only goes to doctor's appointments right now. She did go to the store on Monday to buy me ice cream and stuff. She said that she is going to Safeway's senior hours tomorrow.

Apparently they do not open until 8 now.

I am supposed to stay home, but I went to three stores today looking for toilet paper. Apparently Dollar Tree did not receive any this week.

Our hiking trails make the news because they are horribly crowded, so I am sure that people will die because people insisted on going hiking.

On Monday Big Lots taped boxes on the floor, six feet from the cashiers, had "Wait here" signs six feet away, and lines on the floor every six feet.

That works in Big Lots. I have never seen it that busy. That would not work for any other store that I visit. I have stayed six feet from the person in front of me, but the person behind me was pretty close.

It is impossible to stay six feet from the cashier at Dollar tree. I think the cashiers are about six feet apart--five.

I brought a tape measurer when I saw a client on Tuesday. It turns out that six feet away is the far corner of her long kitchen table.

I am 6'2". I should really understand how long 72" are!

I wash my hands whenever I visit a client and I make sure they wash theirs properly. I spray everything that I bring to my car with Lysol and wash my hands when I come home.

Many supermarkets are supposed to put up sneeze shields for the cashiers, which is good. One guy was arrested for terrorism after he coughed on a cashier and said that he had coronavirus. I just want to know where I can get an old phone handset, so I can pretend to visit the cashier in prison.

I joke, but it is a good move.

I have been in banks where the employees were sealed off from us unwashed masses. I never returned to any location that did that, but now I prefer it.

Teletherapy, telecommuting, on-line schools, etc., should be more common. Linus made a video about what they are doing about coronavirus. He said that they are a technology company, there is no reason that someone couldn't work from home if necessary, and complained about meetings that should have been taken care of through e-mails.

I see changes and sadly some are just because people are the actual problem, but I believe that we have a whole couple more layers of restrictions ahead of us, because this just isn't enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Lots safety.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	27771