View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The Chinese absolutely steal any intel property they can and buy everything they can't steal.
Another thing that doesn't rank high on the Chinese governments "to do list" is take care of the environment.
Make everything here and that just about eliminates language and unit boundaries
I'm no fan of the Chinese government, but not everything they do is terrible, and credit for things they do to improve environmental quality needs to be given. As consumers we're complicit in allowing the Chinese to "steal our jobs" and "steal our IP" and "poison the environment". We traded all that for getting goods extremely cheap. Every day I remark "how could they make this widget, ship it from China, and make a profit from the $2 price tag". I want for nothing because the Chinese have made everything cost so little (except for helicopters).

When you start from poverty, you don't have the luxury of concerning yourself with clean environments. As China increases economically, I expect environmental concerns to become more important. Their resource consumption will skyrocket though, because that's what happens when you prosper economically.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!