View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Thanks for your replay.

So where does these flow meters seals fail??

I once found a copy of the FI device circuit but I believed it failed to work.

It was a simple system to produce a ground pulse from a injector.

From the test system in the manual it should be very simple to make one, all they are doing is creating a temp pulse to ground, the test is to just ground the wire to these flow sensor a number of times and see it the computer show counts changing because of your tapping ground.

It could be as simple as hooking a bright white LED to a injector's ground trigger lead and putting it into a housing containing the flow sensor's light sensor light reacting diode.

I wanted it operating WITH the fuel flow sensor (of some kind) because I was going to trying some stuff to the cars computer that could product false readings and in a couple of possibilities that could by pass the stock fuel systems like fuel vapor.

So I was hoping of a system that reads the fuel used completely independent of any of the cars fuel management system.

I was hunting a high pressure flow meter to replace the unit that came with these systems. I am still looking for one.

I have read the BB used in these ware down, so that was one way it was reported to fail, and I bet these BB was not running though its track on low flow rates on your small engines.

Rich

PS I added a couple of photos of this flow meter here so we can agree we are talking about the same unit: https://www.facebook.com/richardacoy...e=3&uploaded=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTestPilot View Post
Greetings racprops
Like you I still have the same Zemco unit , I have used a few of these
Zemco systems since 1980 and have found their metering repeatability poor on
small engines(with carburettors) , also the internal seal fails eventually ,I have had to repair a few of these.
After about 5-7 years of service .
I also don't recommend more than 5 psi with these sensors due to the sealing
method used.
There was a conversion box available to convert these Zemco units to fuel injection
although I have never seen one ,it was listed in the owners handbook

Tp