View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 03:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I am sure that Kevin will take any good opportunity that he can find to earn money. I previously shared ten or twelve ways that he specified in a video.

Would he make more money focusing on one job?

I do not have any idea, but I am sure that he does the math first.

I believe that he does give a good amount of free information. By my math, neither 3d scanning nor real estate make sense in my county. I am sure that some realtors do well out here, but I do not believe that "Knocking on every door on a paved road in my county" is a good business plan.

However, if someone considered this in a more populated area I would help them research.

I have shared some of his videos about remodeling. Makeovers? Remodeling sounds like it potentially involves far larger projects than he usually tackles.

I would like to do several of the projects that he showed.

I think that he is worth watching, but I would advise against following Internet suggestions without doing your homework.

Meanwhile, I continually campaign against Robert Kiosaki. I probably shared this before: John T. Reed's analysis of Robert T. Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Part 1

At one point Kiyosaki compared "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" to "Harry Potter."
Both are works of fantasy.
Somewhere in that incredibly-detailed analysis Reed quoted Kiosaki:

Quote:
Can buy $75,000 house for $20,000 or less at bankruptcy auction or “on courthouse steps” with five hours work
Reed says that in reality,
Quote:
Elias, Renauer, and Leonard, authors of How to File For Bankruptcy, say a typical home sells for 10% to 30% below market value, not the 73% “or more” less that Kiyosaki would have you believe. My book How to Buy Real Estate for at Least 20% Below Market Value has over 166 actual case histories of bargain purchases, including some involving bankruptcy and “courthouse steps.” Few of them involve 73% discounts. Those that do are almost all sheriffs’ sales, which Kiyosaki does not mention.
The late, longtime California foreclosure millionaire Paul Thompson said he saw one or two deals per year, out of about 1,200, with this sort of discount, but never one that could be had for only five hours work.
Or does Reed really make his money from teaching other people how to make money? I doubt that "How to Write, Publish, and Sell Your Own How-To Book" flies off of the shelves, but he does not make any promises, only seemingly-realistic claims. He also recommends books by seven different authors When was the last time that you saw someone recommend someone else's product?