View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
An Army buddy recently drove back to Arizona from the east coast and complained that everywhere was a dollar cheaper than Phoenix. For some reason gas is usually significantly cheaper in Show Low. Gas Buddy says the cheapest gas here is $2.249, but the other day I drove half an hour to drop off one packet at the other school and saw this:

Gas Buddy shows $1.979 at Alvarez Auto Center and $1.999 at Country Store on Concho Highway. That is eight miles east of Snowflake while I live 21 miles south. I have always wondered what was down Concho Highway, but I have a nasty suspicion that it is Concho.

Yes, another 22 miles and it dead-ends on a highway that I never heard of with another one going northeast to...

Holbrook...

A little further east and you get Saint John's.

I don't like any of these places!

Gas Buddy shows a Valero in Tempe charging $1.999, but the next cheapest is $2.299.

The cheapest gas in Arizona is $1.299 in Three Points. I have never heard of it!

Apparently there are dozens of towns in my state. Dozens!

This is twenty miles southwest of Tucson.

Two stations in Whiteriver are charging $1.499.

I tried to get a full-time job there. It was supposed to pay over $50,000, but I do not think the district wanted to pay $100,000 or whatever the agency would have charged them.

That is 36 miles away.

Do you guys think that gas prices and the rest of our economy will continue spiraling down the drain? I have an unreasonable desire to fill up my Civic with $1.50 gas!

Will I ever have that opportunity again?!

If only she had a dash...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Taylor gas.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	27865