View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 07:33 PM   #269 (permalink)
Tahoe_Hybrid
Master EcoModder

2020 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
Last 3: 18.4 mpg (US)

2021 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
90 day: 17.08 mpg (US)

2022 - '08 chevy Tahoe LT
Last 3: 14.38 mpg (US)

2023 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
90 day: 25.57 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapriRacer View Post
First, I can tell you don't have access to Tire Guides - the publication that lists all the placard information for all vehicles sold in the US - because if you did, you would have pointed out that Tire Guides lists all versions of Tahoes as listing 35 psi. You seem to be quoting the placard from a single model from memory - and apparently incorrectly. (I'll concede that Tire Guides might be wrong because they don't list any hybrid Tahoes - but that doesn't explain their other information.)

Further a Tahoe is an SUV, not a car.

And I'll cut to the chase: I've examined 1000's of tread separations - it was my job - so I know what they look like - including the infamous Firestone ATX. Tread separations do NOT involve the sidewall.

Take a closer look at the video you provided. The sidewall doesn't fail - the tire is still holding air. All that debris is the tread and the top belt - the sidewall is still intact. (And for technical purposes, the sidewall starts where the tread ends - and that's about 1" from the shoulder point, an area we tire engineers call the buttress.

Sorry, I stand by what I wrote.
there is no restriction of the word car model t was 67 inches tall which is the height of small suvs

it's not a truck it's a car on a truck chassis, a truck refers to a bed in the back.. it's one of the reason I get to have a hitched ball permanently affixed to my car. and at the same time not require a commercial plate on it..

hitched ball permanently affixed to a car is illegal, but since i have a truck chassis it's not.

Last edited by Tahoe_Hybrid; 04-12-2020 at 07:39 PM..