View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 12:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
redneck
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

Achieving results.

Just as in real life, there are certain steps that must be taken in order.

They are.

Crawl

Walk

Run

Crawl - purchase mpg instrumentation, read 100+ hyper milling tips, Practice driving tips. Observe mpg instrumentation to see how it affects mpg by adjusting the nut behind the wheel.

Walk - read 65+ efficiency mods, implement basic and simple mods like increased tire pressure, partial grill block, engine blanket, warm air intake, block heater, etc. etc. Observe mpg instrumentation to see how modifications affect MPG.

Run - add a Kamm back or boat tail , Full under tray, lower the suspension, Replace mirrors with cameras, add wheel skirts, Remote engine start & stop switch, etc. etc. Observe mpg instrumentation to see how modifications affect MPG.

The one thing that they all share in common is instantaneous mpg instrumentation. It is first and foremost.

Just like going to school or beginning a career one does not start at the top. To understand something fully one must work their way up.

The money spent on MPG instrumentation will be paid back in saved fuel quickly. (See my earlier post for suggestions)

I,ll get off my soapbox now...

>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redneck For This Useful Post:
Ecky (04-14-2020), Xist (04-19-2020)