View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
oil pan 4
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
B.S. There are several that scoff at climate change itself and/or climate change being caused by human activity.
Yeah people who think that man has no effect on the environment are out there with the flat earthers, creationists, vaccine conspiracy theorists, moon landing deniers and the climate cult, the people who think man is the driving force behind all climate change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I have seen many articles and segments about the air quality being cleaner all over. It seems common sense. I preferred driving five miles and seeing a bunch of students at a school to sitting in a shed and trying to connect on-line, but it would be much better if my Zoom meeting invitations were working. I submitted a ticket or two, but I doubt that I will hear back satisfactorily anytime soon.

I hope that many people continue to have the option of working from home. My agency pays me significantly better in beautiful Show Low than in Flagstaff, which is plagued with hippies, or Phoenix, with 115° summers and horrible traffic. Employment options are better in Phoenix than Flagstaff and the cost of living is lower, but do you want beige or green?

I would love to have the option of continuing teletherapy, but I would expect them to cut my pay in half.

Would you rather spend 50% of your time driving or virtually 100% of your time working with people for the same pay?

Of course, it only helps if I can get more clients.

I know that millions and millions have applied for unemployment, but what percentage of people are able to maintain their hours working from home? How much cleaner would the air be if this continued?

It seems like about half of politicians are happy to ignore an existential threat three months away.
Depends on what you are looking for. I think I remember you saying something about not having enough people and have trouble getting to some of the people you help during the winter.
How much is your time worth and how much does driving cost, not just buying gas but wear and tear on your car?

One example was my exwife who was really bad at math worked a crap job less than 1 mile away. She wanted to drive 40 miles each way, 5 days a week for a 2 dollar an hour raise. I had to put a stop to that. It would have been worth it if all 40 hours were packed into 3 days, just to have her out of my hair for a few hours a day for those 3 days.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 04-14-2020 at 03:38 PM..