View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Chonk_Master
EcoModding Lurker

Crosstour - '11 Honda Crosstour EX
It's probably not going to happen. If I thought it was absolutely necessary to improve MPG, I'd do it but this project has a shoestring project. And other maintenance concerns, like my awful, warped rotors.

The link between driving behavior and MPG isn't exactly complicated. I've watched plenty of factory instantaneous MPG gauges and I can't think of a single instance I was surprised by the reading. I've read the 65+ and 100+ hypermiling tips and nothing stuck out as particularly novel. There were a few things that were interesting but most of those fell into a "useful but not practical for me" category.

Several others fall away because they drastically alter the driving experience past the point I'm willing to accept. I'm looking for 25 MPG, some insight into aerodynamics, and some experience fabricating here. Raising tire pressure may have gotten me to 23 but I won't know for a little while yet. If I see improvements toward that after each mod by measuring the MPG after, let's say, three tanks (A-B-A style), I'll be happy. If there's no observable improvement, I'll consider it one of the small improvements that add up. If there's an observable loss, off it goes.

Last edited by Chonk_Master; 04-14-2020 at 05:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Chonk_Master For This Useful Post:
Ecky (04-14-2020)