View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #783 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Someone arrest Trump [context]
I agree!

Has anyone seen Cotton lately?

Have you posted that two consenting adults should be able to determine how much fiat they exchange for goods and services?

You see, the good people at HealthData.org are lazy [or busy\understaffed]. They are updating the graph and the site automatically wipes the old pink projection day by day, but it really should adjust the projection. It estimates that Arizona is halfway to the peak[!]. Right now we have about 10 deaths per day. Yes, it is highly unlikely that we will hit 47 tomorrow, 50 on the 17th, 54 on the 18th, etc.

I made my own version of the graph, but just to the peak, because this is a bunch of work:

I pulled out the predicted worst-case numbers, figured the percent change from day to day, and applied it to our actual numbers. This is three days out-of-date, so I adjusted the first three predicted points, but not the rest of the line.

Please note that the adjusted worst-case scenario is now lower than their predicted line.

We will see what they say in four days or whenever they update, but it would be great if we have significantly fewer deaths than they predicted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Better-case scenario.png
Views:	86
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	27883