View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 05:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
ptitviet
EcoModding Lurker

Yup happy to share my observations (with my '15 Octavia 3 1.6TDI Greenline Combi). I do not use pulse and glide a lot on my car, as it tends to be less useful when the engine is not too powerful (my former car was a 265hp Renault Megane RS and I could get almost 2l/100km less by using pulse and glide). I only do hill pulse and glide by pulsing up and gliding down. When coasting I switch AC off as it the engine is less efficient when idling.

No mods on my car, only folding passenger mirror on long highway trips (0.1l/100km better). I only use ECO official tyre pressure, as I live in the mountain and want to keep the best handling possible. And when on eco mode, I drive only 100/110km/h on highway instead of 120/130 (Switzerland/France speed limits).

Until now I have owned the car one winter and got 48mpg (4.9l/100km) which is not bad with short trips uphill to the ski resorts and winter tyres. I am hoping to meet 3l/100km mark this summer with long holiday trips on secondary roads (80-90km/h). With winter tyres and longer trips (30km) I can already get about 4L/100km (58mpg), thanks also to the very good aerodynamics (0.59m2 measured by me thanks to Matlab).

I'd be happy to try front grille cover, but I am not very good with my hands and do not want to put something with no good finish on the car.

Last edited by ptitviet; 04-20-2020 at 05:23 AM..