View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
blownintegra
EcoModding Lurker

Green Machine - '92 Geo Metro XF i
Last 3: 42.66 mpg (US)

Black Ball - '99 Ford Contour SE V6 Auto

Red Baron - '96 Honda Civic HX
Okay, I figured the timing thing. Got it to "sound" normal, will need to do more fine tuning. But now I know fueling is an issue. I can tell that my fuel map goes waaaay lean with MAP pressure, because when i disconnect the MAP sensor, the car will rev pretty well, otherwise, it has a nasty "lean" condition. This is based upon the VE table. I have been trying to "guess" the size of the TBI injector, since this tidbit of info seems to be a mystery when searching all over the internet. I am sure that is a major issue with the fueling too. I will try to "tune" that in a bit. Trying to guess injector size is not fun. I did have the car moving with the bad, bad tune. Now with the timing working, I think I can maybe go back to the original fuel map and see what I've got.

The other thing is you can not open 2 windows of megatune to make comparisons of different tunes to try to put something together. Overall, I'm just happy that this thing actually works and is not just a gimmick!

If I can squeeze another few MPG, I'll be pretty happy.

So, to summarize, if I put "voltage" readings in, and make "adjustments" to the VE table, the computer will try to match the readings with the wide band? Also, with the wideband, the megasquirt will handle all of that internally? just plug and play? or do you have to take the leads from the wide band into the car. Because right now, I have a 1 wire O2 sensor.

Thanks again everyone.

Mike